Friday, August 12, 2011

Trying something new and fun

Pillows I am inspired to make...


I am going to be trying my hand at making some vintage towels and pillows. I am going to be using some graphics that I downloaded at http://www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/. I'm going to try and replicate the cool burlap pillows you are seeing in Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware (to name a few places). I'm going to be using the CitraSolv transfer method. Instead of burlap, I'm going to practice on my canvas paint tarps. That way I can practice my technique before I ruin a perfectly good towel or pillow cover. I will hopefully have some picture before the weekend is over!! I found this image on the internet but I'm not sure who to give due credit to.

1 comment:

Michelle @ The Fab Faux, LLC said...

Well, I tried this and it didn not work. I am now asking anyone online for any advice as to how to make this work.