Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Counter Top & Cute Plant stand gets some pizzazz!

BEFORE Counter tops

AFTER Counter tops











This plant stand was purchased as a rusty wrought iron old thing with no top. I made a top out of some wood and then did an Aurastone application over the wood to mimic Natural Granite. I think it turned out pretty darn good!


I have been over at my neighbors today working on their backsplash (I did their kitchen countertops about 2 months ago). I ran into a snaffu......man! I hate that! After 2 scratch coats and 1 trowel coat I discovered that the scratch coats did not bond to the tile! AARRRRGGGGG! I have to call Tech Support tomorrow morning to figure out my next move. Because as I have said before in a previous post, if your first layers don't bond, nothing will! If you learn anything from me - that is the biggest thing to take away from my trials and tribulations.

Above are the "before" and "after" pictures of the kitchen I'm working on. I will post the final pictures when I get the back splash all done. The neighbor has painted her kitchen cabinets a beautiful dark brown color to enhance the countertops - the green just wasn't working'












No comments: